Saturday, October 8, 2016

Tour Divide 2016: Intro



It’s been a few months since I completed the Tour Divide.  I am very happy with completing the route on my single speed in 19 days, 17 hours and 29 minutes.  It was a challenge to say the least!  My strategy was to go at a pace I could sustain for days at a time while reducing stopping time.


My strategy was simple in concept.  Ride as much of the day as possible.  Minimize all stops.  That would include trying to minimize the amount of time to change clothes or go into my bags for whatever reason.  Also, no hotels or restaurants.  The strategy worked well.  I usually rode until about 11pm and found a place to sleep wherever I was.  Many times that was simply off the side of the road under a bush or tree.  My alarm would start going off at 4am to start riding by about 5am.

No comments:

Post a Comment